Broadcom Statistics: Broadcom Inc. is a global technology leader that designs, develops, supplies, and supports a wide variety of semiconductor and infrastructure software solutions. The company was founded in 1961 and is headquartered in San Jose, CA. They have assembled a large group of software and semiconductor designers around the globe over the years. They have design, product, as well as software development engineering resources throughout the U.S., Israel, Europe, Asia, and Israel. This gives them global engineering expertise. Broadcom strategically targets niche opportunities in the target markets with its research and development resources and leverage with its extensive U.S. portfolio and additional patents. Other intellectual property (IP) can be used to integrate multiple technologies or create software solutions and system-on-chip (SoC) components that target growth. They create products and software that are highly performant and offer mission-critical functionality.
Customers can plan, develop and automate applications across multiple platforms of the company, including mainframe, mobile, and cloud. Many of the biggest companies around the globe, including many Fortune 500 companies, rely on Broadcom Inc.’s software solutions for managing and protecting their hybrid cloud environments. The company’s security and infrastructure software portfolio is industry-leading and can be used to modernize and optimize complex hybrid environments. It allows for agility, automation, and insight as well as security and scalability. They also offer mission-critical fiber channel storage space networking products, as well as related software. This includes modules, switches, and subsystems that include multiple semiconductor products.
The business strategy is to combine world-class technology leadership in semiconductors and infrastructure software solutions with unmatched size on a single sales and administrative platform to offer a comprehensive range of infrastructure tecnologia products for the most important business and government customers. They aim to do this by responsibly financing acquisitions and technologies that are category leaders, and investing heavily in research, development, and production to maintain their technology leadership. This strategy produces a solid business model that drives diversified, sustainable financial and operating results.
Ricerca e sviluppo:
Broadcom Inc. invests in product development and enhancement continuously, with a particular focus on introducing new, exclusive products and releases quickly. Many of the company’s products are the result of their own research and development department and have provided competitive advantages in certain market segments, due to their performance differentiation. The company is committed to developing innovative, durable, high-value products that meet its mission. Their efforts also include improving the quality and stability of their widely deployed product portfolio.
To drive our business growth, they intend to continue investing in product innovation, both organically, and through acquisitions. They also invest in process improvements and enhancements to product features and functions. Many of Broadcom Inc.’s top customers can be found near their field application engineers and design engineers. This allows them to reach more customers and increase the visibility of potential product opportunities. In the case of semiconductor customers, the company can support customers at every stage of the product development cycle. Collaboration with customers gives us the ability to create customized, high-value products that leverage existing technologies. They expect to continue the substantial research and development investments to keep the competitive edge and to provide a steady flow of innovative, sustainable product platforms.
- Storage and Systems: Storage Adapters, Controllers and ICs, Fiber Channel Networking, PCIe Switches and Badges, and other storage and systems.
- wireless: Amplifiers, Filters, RF Components, SoCs and Processors, and other wireless products.
- Connettività cablata: Ethernet Connectivity, Switching and PHYs, Broadband, Embedded and Networking Processors, Custom Silicon, and other wired connectivity products.
- Optical Products: Fiber Optic Module Components, LEDs and Display, Motion Control Encoders, Opt-couplers, Opto-Isolators, and other optical products.
- Mainframe Software: Application Development, Testing, and Quality, Operations Management, Workload Automation, other mainframe software.
- Software aziendale: Value Stream Management, Service Management, Enterprise Automation, Continuous Delivery, and other enterprise software.
- Sicurezza informatica: Symantec Enterprise Cloud, Endpoint Management, Identity and Access Management, Advanced Threat Protection, and Payment Security.
Broadcom Inc.’s Revenue
FY 2021 revenue was 27,450 million US$, an increase over the 23,890 million US$ that they had recorded in the previous year.
Broadcom Revenue, by Segment
The revenue for semiconductor solutions in FY 2021 was around 20,380 million US$, and the revenue for infrastructure software was 7,070 million US$.
Broadcom Inc.’s Revenue, by Country
China’s revenue was 9,750 million US$ in FY 2021, while its revenues from the United States were 5,290 million US$.
Broadcom Inc.’s Net Income
Net profit in FY 2021 was 6,440 million US$, an increase on the 2,960 million US$ in net income the company had in the previous fiscal.
Broadcom Inc.’s Operating Income
FY2021 operating income reached 8,520 million US$. This is an increase on the 4,010 million US$ in operating revenue that Broadcom recorded in the previous fiscal year.
Total Assets of Broadcom Inc.
Broadcom Inc.’s total assets were 75,570 million US$ in FY 2021.
Broadcom Inc.s Research and Development Expenditure
They spent approximately 4,850 million US$ on research and development in FY 2021, which is a slight decrease from the previous year’s 4,970 million US$.
San Jose, Sao Paulo, Richmond, Waterloo, Chandler, Culver City, Irvine, Petaluma, San Diego, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, Broomfield, Washington DC, Duluth, Lisle, Andover, Burlington, Mendota Heights, Ewing, Melville, Charlotte, Durham, Allentown, Breinigsville, Lancaster, Pittsburgh, Austin, Plano, Draper, and Reston.
Japan, Sydney, Beijing, Nanjing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Seoul, Penang, Singapore, Hsinchu, and Taipei.
Vienna, Brussels, Mechelen, Bulgaria, Tallinn, Paris, Munich, Regensburg, Athens, Dublin, Italy, Bunnik, Madrid, Morges, Bristol, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Manchester, and Reading.
It refers to the excess of the purchase cost and associated costs over the value allocated to the net tangible assets and identifiable intangibles of businesses acquired. Goodwill cannot be amortized. However, it is reviewed annually for impairment. First, it is assessed whether the fair value of any reporting unit is less than its carrying amounts to check for impairment. Broadcom Inc.’s qualitative assessment of the recoverability of goodwill takes into consideration various macroeconomic, sector-specific, as well as company-specific factors.
Questi fattori includono:
- Severe adverse industry and economic trends.
- Significant company-specific actions, such as the exit of activity in conjunction with the restructuring of operations.
- Current, historical, projected deterioration or deterioration of our financial performance.
- A sustained drop in our market capitalization below their net value.
No further assessment is required after evaluating the whole of the events and circumstances. The second scenario is that the company concludes that it is more probable than not that any of the units reporting fair value is less than its carry amount, then, in this case, an assessment is done by calculating the unit’s fair value and comparing it with the unit’s net value. There is no impairment when the reporting unit has a fair value that is greater than its actual net book value. The implied fair value is calculated by subtracting all tangible and intangible asset fair values, except goodwill, from the reporting units’ fair value. The implied fair market value of goodwill can be compared with the carrying value. If the implied goodwill value is lower than the goodwill carrying value, then a loss of impairment will be recognized. The fair value of a reporting unit is determined using substantial estimates and assumptions.
Broadcom Inc.’s mainframe software delivers market-leading DevOps and AIOps, Security, Data Management Systems, and Security solutions. They help companies embrace open tools and technologies, integrate mainframes into their cloud infrastructures, increase the value of mainframe investments, and more. The customers benefit from their partnership with the company and creative value-added program. The company helps them with skills development, strategic education, and planning challenges.
Global enterprises can use the company’s distributed software solutions to improve their software’s delivery, planning, and development. This is critical for their business-critical digital services. The solutions provided by Broadcom Inc. help customers innovate, enhance customer experience, and drive profit by aligning business and development teams. Their products are divided into three domains: ValueOps, DevOps, and AIOps, providing visibility throughout the digital lifecycle. We help customers to achieve better business results and better customer experiences.
Symantec cyber security software solutions are designed to protect users and data across any device, app, or network and help governments and organizations avoid threats and comply with compliance risks. With comprehensive solutions to protect business assets, the company’s integrated cyber defense approach simplifies security. Symantec solutions are based on rich threat intelligence gathered from a global network, including threat analysts, researchers, security engineers, and threat analysts. They also use advanced AI and machine learning engines to enable customers to connect authorized users with trusted apps and detect and respond quickly to the most advanced targeted attack.
- Broadcom Inc. acquired VMware Inc., which is a cloud service provider, for US$ 61,000 million in May.
- Broadcom signed a contract in January with Carahsoft Technology Corp. This was to make the most of Carahsoft’s purpose-built tools, resources, and capabilities to better serve the US Government.
- Broadcom entered into an April collaboration with Google Cloud in order to accelerate digital transformation within the enterprise.
- Broadcom Inc. and DZS partnered together in August to bring next-generation optical broadband to market.
- Broadcom Inc. purchased AppNeta in December. This is a network performance monitor solution
- Accenture acquired Symantec’s Cyber Security Services division in January.
- In January, the company signed multiyear supply contracts with Apple Inc. for wireless components and module supplies. Apple will use these components in its products.
- Reti di Palo Alto, AT&T, and the company collaborated to create the Disaggregated Scalable Firewall (DSFW).
- In January, the company released the Wi-Fi 6E access point solutions to 6 GHz WLAN.
- In February, Wi-Fi 6E Chip was launched by the company for mobile devices.
- Broadcom Inc. and Nokia Corp. reached an agreement in June to produce custom-made 5G chipsets.
- Broadcom Inc. sold certain assets and its wireless IoT business to Synaptics in July.
- Broadcom Inc. and Liquid teamed up to create the first PCI Express Gen 4.0 fabric design kit. It was released in July.